Que savez-vous de l'huile de jojoba ?
Jojoba Golden Oil is one of the ingredients used by Frank Wrap to make the food wrap. This blog article is entirely dedicated to jojoba oil and to our very special Fair For Life certified supplier. You might have seen other brands of food wrap using coconut oil. At Frank Wrap we opted to use only Jojoba Golden Oil in its formulation and we have plenty of good reasons to justify our choice. The price is definitely not one of them.
Jojoba Golden Oil is a pure natural golden liquid wax, composed of esters extracted from jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) seeds. A rich clear golden liquid with extraordinarily beneficial properties.
Jojoba Oil is rich in Omega-9 and free of additives and preservatives, making our products healthier, more environmentally-friendly and an efficient alternative to chemical ingredients. Jojoba Oil is produced from organic certified seeds grown in organic certified farms and are naturally hypoallergenic.
How we source our golden Jojoba Oil
Our supplier, Jojoba Desert, is the world’s leading Jojoba oil manufacturer and provider, based in the heart of the Israeli desert. As a cooperative settlement owned entity, they leverage over 30 years of combined pioneering spirit, world-class technological, agronomic and manufacturing experience and expertise. From seed to oil – they are committed to sustainability. Ever seeking to make the world a better place, they guarantee a pesticide-free product (PFP) with low use of herbicides, low carbon footprints and low greenhouse gas emissions (GHG).
Sustainable farming practices include:
- Harness renewable energy sources (both solar and from discarded waste) creating an optimal growing environment, without wasting precious limited resources.
- Natural resources management by using reclaimed water through drip irrigation technology on non-arable land.
- Waste management by reusing Jojoba pulp to fertilize yields and as animal feed.
- Protecting biodiversity by maintaining varieties of “wild-type” Jojoba plantations and implementing a plan to conserve natural habitats for wildlife in the Negev desert of Israel.
Fair For Life Certification Granted
Fair Trade improves the livelihood of thousands of smallholder farmers and workers by providing the means for social community projects and empowerment of people. This certification is given as an acknowledgment of Jojoba Desert's high standards and responsibility for our society:
- Respect of human rights and fair working conditions
- Respect for the ecosystem by sustainable agriculture practices and promotion of biodiversity
- Respect and betterment of our impact on local beneficiaries and fair trade partners
How do you use Jojoba Oil?
From seed to oil, the benefits abound
- As a moisturizer – For smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin, select Jojoba Oil. The 100% pure, natural moisturizer contains Omega-9 + Vitamin E. A premium product for skin care, face care and hair care.
- To control acne –Jojoba Oil acts as a deep cleanser, clears out hair follicle blockages, soothes irritated skin and harnesses biostatic properties to control acne breakouts. (Meier, L, 2012, Karger)
- To hydrate chapped lips – When applied to dry, chapped lips, Jojoba Oil forms a barrier that effectively locks moisture in. Protects lips from harsh weather conditions, keeping them soft and supple.
- To smooth dry, cracked cuticles, hands & feet – Applying Jojoba Oil to the hands and feet enables the quick absorption of moisture to areas of the body in closest contact with harsh surfaces and elements, for smoother, less irritated skin.
- To treat sunburns – The vitamin E found in Jojoba Oil controls damage caused by harmful UV rays and soothes sunburned skin. The next-generation oil-free, natural skin rejuvenator.
- As a hair treatment – For shinier, healthier hair that is smooth, soft and silky but never greasy, let Jojoba Oil carry your care. No harsh chemicals that can strip the hair of its natural moisture, so it can shine and thrive.
INCI name: Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
Commercial name: Jojoba Golden Oil
Description: Extra virgin liquid wax, obtained from natural jojoba seeds
Production method: Cold Press
Appearance: Yellow clear oil, very light odor
Thank you for going plastic free!.
Frank Talk by Adriana Frank